Two weeks ago, we excitedly launched our first Zambian project, a women empowerment program, called #Ask4More tailor-made to fit into the Grade 12 curriculum seamlessly. Next week, we have a scheduled meeting with representatives from the department of Women in Governance to see if we can participate in a joint venture together too. Needless to say, we are very happy to see our project flourish so quickly!
Although today, we are looking for your help to make #Ak4More even better.
As already mentioned in our previous blog post, the 9-week program includes:
– A 41-page instructor booklet, detailing every part of the program, ensuring coherent progress throughout;
– Weekly activities focusing on empowering the girls through various methods, such as entrusting them with administrative roles, etc.;
– Team-building assignments;
– Awareness of other powerful women whose endeavours changed the world as we know it;
– Talks by Zambian women who managed to forge a career even though they didn’t have an easy upbringing;
– Work placements during the holidays;
– University orientation visits, where students are given a taste of what awaits them if only they aim a little higher.
As an organisation, we are aiming to fund at least two University educations for the best performers in class starting from the next scholastic year, 2015/2016. A typical University education in Zambia costs approximately €750-€1000 and we are confident that, through fund raisers back home, we WILL be able to fulfil our targets.
Yet together, we can do much more! There are usually about 40 students per class, which means that our eventual targets will be to get all 40 of them into undergraduate courses at the local universities every year. Starting from today, you can donate directly towards this cause using the following information:
BANK NAME: Lombard Bank Malta p.l.c.
BANK IDENTIFIER CODE (BIC): LBMAMTMT
BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0117263463803
IBAN (for international transfers): MT41LBMA05000000000117263463803
BANK ACCOUNT NAME: Mr Alan Casha & Mr Andrew Camilleri – #ASK4MORE
Moreover, it would be immensely appreciated if this article could be shared on social media, such as Facebook or Twitter, using the hashtags #JoinHandsForAfrica and #Ask4More. The more exposure it get, the more the chances are of overreaching our targets. So, what are you waiting for? Spread the word!
For more information, please do not hesitate to send us an email on: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all! Stay tuned.
Androo & Alan